A recruiter or recruitment consultant is a professional who sources & places candidates. An agency recruiter works for a recruitment agency and helps clients fill positions in their organisations.
The roles and responsibilities of an agency recruiter generally include–
- Designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
- Preparing recruitment materials
- Post jobs to job boards/ Social websites, to Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
- Screen resumes & interview candidates
- Successfully place candidates & raise invoices for candidates placed
Their counterparts are in-house recruiters, who work on filling open positions within their organisations.
Recruitment firms charge anywhere from a small fixed fee per placement for entry-level/low skill positions and 8-35% of a candidates annual salary for more senior/niche positions.
These numbers vary a lot based on region and the state of the economy. Agency Recruiters tend to make roughly 20%-60% of the revenue they generate as a combination of base salary + bonus.
Pro Tip: While hiring an agency recruiter, make sure he/she is experienced in full-cycle recruiting. Right from sourcing talent and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees. This gives you a lot of time to find more new business that you would have otherwise spent training your recruiter.« Back to Glossary Index